Happy Birthday to ME! Today I am 22 years old. Wow, that sounds so old but at the same time, I know it’s not. With age comes wisdom, so I decided to share 22 things I’ve learned in my 22 years of life! If you have any knowledge you want to share, drop a comment down below. I would really love to read them and I’m sure others would as well.
22 Things I’ve Learned in 22 Years
1. It’s okay to let people go if they are toxic and not making you feel like your best self, even if they are family.
2. You might be the toxic person sometimes. That’s okay, you can learn and grow from your mistakes.
3. Plants are power. Eat them, be around them, whatever! Being around plants makes the heart feel happy.
4. It’s okay to ask for help, even if you don’t want to.
5. Trust yo gut! If your intuition is telling you to do something or not to do something, LISTEN!
6. Always be kind to others, even if they aren’t to you.
7. Let go of negative feelings towards others because holding in anger and hostility only hurts you in the end.
8. Ignore peer pressure if you know it’s something you’re not comfortable with. But also, don’t be scared to try new things.
9. Do what feels right for you and try not to care about what everyone else is doing. Everyone has a different life path.
10. Wash your face at least every night and NEVER go to sleep with makeup on.
11. Trends are fun, but remember when everyone thought crocs were cute? Wear classic pieces instead so you won’t regret pictures 10 years later.
12. Give people a second chance, but not a third.
13. Social media is great for connecting, but remember everyone only puts their happiest moments on their Facebook, not their “crying with a tub of ice cream by the freezer” moments.
14. Drink more water. I know, sounds obvious, but sometimes we forget.
15. You can learn something from everyone, even if you don’t like or don’t agree with them.
16. Even if you don’t think you’re beautiful (which you are), learn to love your body for keeping you alive and working. Be grateful for your body and learn to love it from the inside out.
17. Dancing and singing to your favorite song is medicine.
18. Material items don’t matter as much as experiences do.
19. Treat others the way you would want to be treated, but don’t let them walk all over you either.
20. Each day is a fresh start. Sounds cheesy, but it’s true.
21. If you’re letting someone borrow something, give it to them as though you will never see it again.
22. Always be grateful.
Thanks so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post!
What’s something you’ve learned throughout the years? Leave a comment down below and drop some knowledge!