WOOOOW! I love this recipe, it’s so versatile and so easy to make. You could use the batter to make muffins like in the recipe, or a loaf, or even microwave some of it and make a mug cake. This recipe makes about 24 muffins with a little bit of batter left for a mug cake. You can cut the recipe in half to make 12 or one loaf. If you make this recipe, tag me in your post on Instagram @mo_huntley or tweet me @mohuntley.
2 cups of mashed bananas ( about 4-5 bananas)
2 flax eggs (or eggs replacer)
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of plant milk ( I used Silk Original Almond )
4 cups of flour
1/4 cup of coconut oil or vegan butter
2 Tbsp of baking powder
1 cup of chopped walnuts
1 cup of vegan mini chocolate chips
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of vanilla extract (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray muffin tin with oil or line with paper cups ( Oil works better IMO ).
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas, then add your sugars, coconut oil, plant milk, and flax eggs. Mix until combined.
- In another mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix and then add to your wet ingredients bowl, little by little, careful not to over mix.
- Add chopped walnuts and vegan mini chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tin with batter and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
*** Adapted recipe from Loving It Vegan