Some people call them wings, some people call them bites, but I just want them in my mouth. These cauliflower bites are SO GOOD and very easy to make for game day or my preferred way, watching The Real Housewives of Dallas (#TeamKameron).
TO MAKE THESE YUMMY BITES YOU WILL NEED…
1 head of Cauliflower
1 cup of almond milk (or your favorite plant milk)
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of onion powder
1 tsp of paprika
2 cups of panko breadcrumbs
1 cup of your favorite vegan BBQ sauce
1/2 cup of water to thin out BBQ sauce if needed.
1/4 of a cup of brown sugar
A dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash and chop your cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- Make the batter by mixing flour, almond milk, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl.
- Add panko breadcrumbs to a separate bowl for breading.
- Dip cauliflower bites in batter using your “wet” hand and coat evenly, then tap off excess on the inside of the bowl before moving on the breadcrumbs. Then, drop the cauliflower into the breadcrumbs and switch to using your “dry” hand. Using the “wet” and “dry” hand method makes it easier and less messy to work with. Coat the bites evenly with the breadcrumbs and then put onto your baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the battered and breadcrumbed bites for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While your bites are baking make the sauce using your BBQ sauce, brown sugar, and water by whisking it together until combined. You want your sauce to be thin enough to evenly coat the pieces but not super watery either, so adjust accordingly.
- Remove bites from the oven and use tongs to toss them in your BBQ sauce. I found doing a few at a time is easiest, instead of doing all at once.
- Put back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes then remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
If you’re not a huge BBQ fan you can also sub out the sauce for another one of your likings. I also really like using Franks Red Hot in the Buffalo flavor and dipping it in Hampton Creek’s Just Ranch dressing. These bites are so yummy, I really hope you like them! If you make them tweet me a picture or tag me in your Instagram post! I would really LOVE to see it!
*** This recipe was inspired by High Carb Hannah’s Cauliflower Wing Recipe