If you don’t follow me on social media (first off what’re doin’ buddy? Follow me on Insta HERE and Twitter HERE) you probably don’t know that recently I have been having very fun gut problems. I have been eliminating certain foods from my diet in order to figure out what the hell is wrong with me and I figured out that gluten is a BIG BIG BIG no-no for me now. Since discovering this travesty, I have been experimenting in the kitchen more and this was one of the recipes I have concocted! I used to make this all the time but with vegan chicken and heaps of soy sauce. If you aren’t gluten-free, then go right ahead and add them in, but I promise this way is just as good.
Potato Fried Rice
- 1 cup uncooked white rice (I used Jasmine)
- 1/2 cup white or yellow onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic (3-4 cloves)
- 1 cup chopped yellow potatoes
- 1 bag mixed frozen vegetables
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos (You can use soy sauce if you don’t need it to be gluten free and low sodium)
- 3 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- Cook your rice per brand instructions and set aside.
- Begin chopping onions and then add to skillet on medium-high heat. Cook until translucent.
- Next, chop potatoes and garlic, then add to skillet.
- Add in frozen mixed veggies, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), and sweet chili sauce and cook until veggies are heated.
- Mix in cooked rice and add more coconut aminos and sweet chili sauce if desired.
- Cook until you see little carmalized bits in rice and then turn off heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Top with sesame seeds if desired, serve, and enjoy!
Thanks so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post!
Leave a comment down below and let me know what you would like to see from me!