Holy moly me-oh-my! These falafel bites are UH-MAZING! Super quick and easy to make and keep for the week ahead or just to eat in one sitting, like I do. You can eat them alone, dip them in hummus, toss them into a salad, or enjoy in a wrap. These bites would go PERFECT with my maple tahini dressing. The link to that recipe is HERE! Anyway, let’s get into the FALAFEL!
Quick and Easy Vegan Baked Falafel
1 can of chickpeas
1/2 of a chopped red onion
1/2 cup of parsley
1/4 a cup of cilantro
2 Tbsp of garlic (about 4-5 cloves)
3 Tsp of Corriander
1 Tbsp of Cumin
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1/2 Tsp of Salt (Or more if desired)
1/2 tsp of Pepper
1 Flax egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Roughly chop onion, garlic, parsley, and cilantro and then set aside.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and then pulse in a food processor for ten seconds. Add the rest of the ingredients a little bit at a time until all ingredients are mixed together. Be careful not to overmix! The mixture should be thick, crumby, but still stick together.
- Roll into 1 inch balls (should make about 12) and place on a baking tray.
- Bake on one side for 20 minutes and then flip and bake for another 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and then enjoy!
Serve these yummy comforting bites with hummus, pita, veggies, and LOADS of tahini! They can last in the fridge for up to a week, but I bet they won’t stay that long. Mine are normally gone in two days MAX!
Thanks so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post!
What should I make next? Leave a comment down below and let me know!