Holy moly, this pasta is BOMB! It’s creamy, savory and simple to make. The recipe serves around 4 people or one hungry af person (aka me) with leftovers. If you have any questions, leave a comment and I’ll try to reply ASAP! Or you can tweet me @mohuntley, or DM me on Instagram @mo_huntley.
1 lb of your choice of pasta (I used mini penne)
1 small yellow onion (half a cup chopped)
4-5 cloves or 2 tbs of garlic
2 tbs of olive oil
8-9 pieces of sun-dried tomato (1/3 cup chopped)
1/2 of a container of vegan cream cheese (I used 8 oz Kite Hill)
1/2 of nutritional yeast
1 1/2 cup of plant milk of choice (I used silk original almond milk)
1/2 tsp of salt and pepper
1/2 of a lemon worth of juice
1/2 a bag of frozen peas and carrots
1/2 tbs -1 tbs to thicken if necessary
1. Fill a large pot with water, add pasta once boiled, and follow instructions on the package.
2. In a large saucepan, sauté your onion, garlic, and sun-dried tomato in 2 tbs olive oil (or water to make recipe oil free!).
3. Once cooked (onion is translucent and light brown), add vegan cream cheese, and nutritional yeast. Whisk together to combine. Keep heat low/medium.
4. Add plant milk, salt and pepper, and lemon juice. Whisk frequently. If it’s too liquidy, add flour (I added a little less than a tbs).
5. Mix in frozen peas and carrots and cover to heat veggies.
Uncover, turn off heat, add cooked pasta to your sauce, mix, and let stand for at least 5 minutes to thicken up a bit more.
6. Serve and enjoy!